Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday because it is all about food and there are no expectations. You don’t have to worry about gifts or anything like that, you can just enjoy good food and friends and family.
This year I am thankful for so much, but I am especially thankful for all of you. You have been so supportive of me and this blog and all of my ventures and I can’t thank you enough. Enjoy this time to take a breath and I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Outfit-wise, I wanted to keep it a little more casual this year but still be cozy. For me, that meant this fabulous furry vest. I love anything furry because it not only keeps you warm but also feels cozy when you are wearing it. Paired with a sparkly necklace and cheetah print, this outfit will probably become my go-to winter look when I don’t have to dress up.
Thank you again for everything and happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is all about my two favorite things- food and family. I am especially excited this year because my diet was severely limited last year so I couldn’t eat any of the delicious food. Rest assured, this year I will be partaking in all of the Thanksgiving activities including going into a food coma after dinner!
Thanksgiving is one of those holidays where it can be hard to decide what to wear because you want to be comfortable when you eat all of that food, but also look cute. So with our first What to Wear series, here are three different ideas for what to wear to dinner today.
Our first look is all about being comfortable at a casual Thanksgiving dinner. This look is simple, but very cute with just enough sparkles for me. This sweater is one of my favorites because of the ruffled sleeves. They are the perfect unexpected detail on an otherwise simple sweater. They are also perfect for eating a lot because they will stay out of your way while you are eating! When it comes to a casual Thanksgiving dinner or really any event where the main entertainment is eating, you don’t want to be wearing a lot of bracelets or a long necklace that will interfere with you eating!
Our second look today is also about comfort especially when you want to maintain the comfort, but need to dress up a little more.
I love this outfit because it is so cute, but you are wearing a sweatshirt! The sweatshirt makes it warm but also incredibly comfortable. If you are planning on eating a lot, but still want to wear a skirt, don’t wear a tight bandage skirt with something tucked in. You will be miserable the entire time. Instead opt for a looser, but still tailored mini skirt with a button-down and sweater over top. No need to tuck it in, but you will still look cute. Add a little extra pop with a necklace, but be careful about the length! You don’t want your necklace dragging through your gravy!
Our last look today is actually what I wore for Thanksgiving last year, hence the #TBT picture above! But as much as I hate repeating outfits, this is one of my favorite outfits of all times so no regrets about repeating this one! This is by far the best kind of dress to wear on Thanksgiving if you ask me. It is fitted enough to still be flattering, but has a lot of flare so you have room to eat all of the turkey you want! Plus it has pockets! I love wearing a turtleneck under a dress because it gives me that extra layer of warmth I always need and I don’t have to worry about a sweater!
I hope y’all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I would love to hear all about it! XO
Happy belated Thanksgiving! I didn’t post yesterday seeing as it was family time and everything, but a Thanksgiving post is necessary seeing as it is my favorite holiday and all. To answer your question, no, I don’t know why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is one of those loves that has grown over time and now I am obsessed with Thanksgiving. Every year, I annoy my family by refusing to decorate or even discuss Christmas until Black Friday arrives. I make them decorate for Thanksgiving and even bought a Thanksgiving sweatshirt this year…I have been wearing it for the past week and it has turkeys and says gobble on it. Of course now that it is after Thanksgiving, I am currently listening to Mariah Carey Christmas music 🙂
Anyways, I am absolutely obsessed with this dress! I saw it for the time in Anthropologie early this summer and waited all summer for it to go on sale. It has been sitting in my closet for weeks waiting for the perfect occasion and my favorite holiday seemed like a wonderful time to pull it out. I hope you are enjoying your Black Friday shopping! XO
Typical college student life- I had a huge test this morning, so Monday Top 10 obviously didn’t happen yesterday. But better late than never right?! Plus Tuesday Top 10 is more fun to say than Monday so I might permanently switch to Tuesdays. I hope y’all had a great weekend, I certainly did and some of the highlights on this list! XO
1. I am a huge Kate Spade fan. Their stuff is always adorable and is great quality. Recently they released their newest collection- Kate Spade Home. It is incredible to say the least and the promotional photos are beautiful. Here are some of the highlights!
2. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, which is normally looked over in favor of Christmas. To remedy this, I am not going to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving and I am also sending out Thanksgiving cards instead of Christmas cards! I will post pictures of the final product once I decide on the design, but Paperless Post has some great physical as well as virtual cards for Thanksgiving, if you are interested.
3. Chocolate and peanut butter is by far my favorite flavor combination and I am obsessed with Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I am just warning you now, they are addictive so prepare yourself 🙂
4. This weekend, I was in Chicago for the first time for the BlogHer 2015 Food Conference. First of all, it was an incredible conference and I learned so much about blogging in general, not just food. But, Chicago might be my new favorite city. It was beautiful and so interesting! I can’t wait to go back.
5. While in Chicago, I tried deep-dish pizza for the first time. I don’t understand while all pizza isn’t like Chicago pizza. It was so good! Check out my Instagram for pictures!
6. In Chicago, I met so many bloggers with incredible blogs, however, the most exciting part might have been the final keynote speaker, Sarah Michelle Gellar. I wasn’t expecting very much because I knew absolutely nothing about her other than the fact that she was Buffy. However, she was inspiration and her new food venture is very cool. Check it out here.
7. This past week was the CMAs and surprisingly, my favorite part was Justin Timberlake, not the country music. It is definitely worth it to watch his whole performance.
8. If you are in the mood for videos, you should also watch the new Kate Spade Miss Adventure video. I love their videos almost as much as their purses and this one is no exception!
9. Lately, I’ve been trying to expand my beauty routine by incorporating new lip colors. I just recently discovered Nars Lip Crayons and they are my absolute favorite lipsticks! They are easy to apply and come in a bunch of colors. Best part about them- the color stays on forever.
10. Final Kate Spade thing I promise. These sparkly shoes are my new addiction. They are comfy, sparkly, and bonus, water proof. Basically the perfect shoes. Did I mention they are on sale?