So, let’s jump right in! While in Rome, I had access to some different movies through Italian Netflix and I was finally able to watch The Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan. I know, I’m only four years behind, but it was awesome! I loved what they did with it and the costumes were absolutely incredible. It has had me dreaming of the 1920s ever since. I want to reread the book now too! What did y’all think of the movie?
Of course, as soon as I decide to post a certain thing every Tuesday I also schedule five hours of classes that day. Moral of the story…my top 10 lists are going to shift around as necessary, so you will just have to keep checking back to see when I post it! So with that, here is this week’s top 10!
1. I love food movies and Chocolat might be my favorite one. First of all Johnny Depp…need I say more? Plus they are in France and the main food is chocolate. Basically three of my favorite things!
2. As you know, I am an art history major and I love art. Currently, I am taking a modern art class and we just started talking about Matisse who is one of my favorite artists of all time! Here are some of my favorite works by him…
So this week’s top 10 is very music focused as lots of exciting things have happened involving music and artists that I love this week. XO
1. Y’all know my two best friends, Kate and McKenzie. They frequently make appearances on here and McKenzie has her incredible blog, The Z List. Well, McKenzie and I finally convinced Kate to start her own blog, Gambling on the Stars! I am very excited to now live in a house full of bloggers and y’all should make sure to check out both of their blogs 🙂
2. One Direction just released their newest album and it’s pretty awesome! My favorite song so far is Infinity 🙂
3. I am a huge James Bond and the newest film, Spectre is incredible. Sam Smith sings the title song (so how could it be bad) and it was so well made. A must see if you are looking for something to do!
4. I have not been the biggest Justin Bieber song in the past, but I really love his new album, Purpose. It is definitely worth a listen.
5. J.Crew is having an incredible sale right now and y’all know how much I love “The Crew.” I know where I’ll be this weekend!
6. Adele released her second single today and it is just as show-stopping as Hello. I’ve been listening to it on repeat all day!
7. I’m sure you have been hearing about Paris and all of the other attacks all weekend, but I think it’s important that we all just take a second to be thankful for our own safety and pray for those who aren’t as lucky.
8. Thank goodness fall is here because I have been dying to wear my faux fur! Here are the pieces I’m most exciting about wearing this fall/winter.
9. Other than fur, I have also been obsessing over vintage clip-on earrings. They take a little while to get used to, but there are some incredible styles available. I shop at my local antique store, but Etsy is also a great resource for all things vintage.
10. This week marks the beginning of the Lefty Living Life newsletter. Every Monday, I will be sending out an email with an update on all of the posts from the last week. Sign up in the pop up you probably just x-ed out of or in the let’s keep in touch box on the right! Can’t wait to hear from you! XO
Typical college student life- I had a huge test this morning, so Monday Top 10 obviously didn’t happen yesterday. But better late than never right?! Plus Tuesday Top 10 is more fun to say than Monday so I might permanently switch to Tuesdays. I hope y’all had a great weekend, I certainly did and some of the highlights on this list! XO
1. I am a huge Kate Spade fan. Their stuff is always adorable and is great quality. Recently they released their newest collection- Kate Spade Home. It is incredible to say the least and the promotional photos are beautiful. Here are some of the highlights!