Hello all! Typically for me, Labor Day is just a nice day off. It doesn’t necessarily mark the end of summer and it normally is hot for at least a few more weeks here in North Carolina. While I am sure we will have more warm weather, right now, it definitely feels like fall! As excited I am about a change in season and the chance to wear some fall clothes and layers, there are definitely some summer styles that I will be sad to say goodbye to. So, let’s look back at some of my favorite looks and styles from this summer!
1. Hot pink, especially hot pink lipstick and accessories was a huge trend for me this year. I loved being able to spice up an outfit with a bright color and make some of my more serious outfits more girly. Hopefully I will be able to carry this trend into fall and winter!
2. Off-the-shoulderwas my big fashion risk this year. This style was definitely a little out of my comfort zone, but I had fun experimenting with it and making it my own…i.e. making it girly whenever possible!
3. With my full-time job and now a new job with a nicer dress code, work wear was something that I was experimenting a lot. I loved mixing and matching with this gingham pencil skirt and other classic work wear shapes, but in a more feminine way.
4. Let’s be honest, sequins and anything sparkly are always a trend for me. This sequined skirt was so fun to mix and match whether it was a casual t-shirt or a button-down. I can’t wait to wear this with a big slouchy sweater and boots this fall!
5. I always try and incorporate patterns into my wardrobe, but it doesn’t always work well. This summer, I had no trouble incorporating stripes. It seemed like every other day I was wearing stripes! I love a red stripe with a bold red lip and I am definitely going to be rocking this look through fall.
6. I would typically describe my look as classic and feminine. I love taking a casual t-shirtand dressing it up and making it girly. For my 5-year blog birthday, I definitely did that with my favorite graphic tee, a tuxedo jacket, and pink pumps. This is probably my go-to look, no matter what the situation.
7. Finally, I loved my bodysuit this year. Who would have thought that I would buy an off-the-shoulder bodysuit?! Out of my comfort zone in every way because it’s off the shoulder and super skin-tight. But, I have probably worn it more than anything else this summer! Now, if I only I could find a turtleneck bodysuit!
Enjoy the last of summer weather while you can and until next time, XO
We moved from the rain forest to the coast yesterday and it is absolutely stunning! We have our own patio in the room, which as you can tell I have already taken advantage of! We had never been in the Pacific Ocean before and it is so much warmer than I was expecting. I should have known, but the beach is beautiful and so relaxing…I’m so exciting to spend our last couple of days here.
It was an interesting transition from the rain forest to the beach because Costa Rica is not a very large country and in four hours, we were able to drive from 70 degrees and overcast with 100% humidity to high 80s/ low 90s and sunny with no humidity. When I was trying to pack for this trip, it was a little difficult to pack to say the least. However, this shirt has been perfect because it is loose so there is plenty of circulation in the heat, but also very easy to layer under a cardigan.
I am starting to get excited for winter though. Apparently it is cooling off at home finally and I can’t wait to wear my vests and faux fur again! XO
As you know, I recently had surgery and my mom has this fabulous rule that every time you need anesthesia, you also need a new pair of shoes. These shoes we have dubbed anesthesia shoes and mine are the ones above! First of all, this is an awesome tradition that I would definitely recommend introducing in your family. Secondly, these shoes are awesome. They are Freebird by Steve which is the luxury version of Steve Madden. I just recently discovered this line and they have some great shoes. I love these because they are the perfect height for me in a bootie and they are secretly platforms so they are very easy to walk in and extremely comfortable. Have a wonderful Friday! XO
Hello! How is everyone doing? I am so excited to be back! Surgery went very well, but it left me bed-ridden and slow to my feet. I am finally starting to feel like myself again although I can’t wear jeans or any pants with a button yet. In their stead, I have been wearing my running tights from lululemon. I have never been a sweatpants kind of girl, but these pants are so incredibly comfortable and are perfect for wearing with flowy shirts and sweaters.
As usual for December in North Carolina, the weather has been crazy weird, but let’s me experiment with lots of different clothes and outfits. Now that I am feeling better, get ready for lots of posts! I hope you are enjoying your December so far and for all of you students out there…I hope your finals went smashingly! XO