I know I’m starting a consignment store, but I’ve never been a big consignment shopper. For some reason, I’ve just never had success, which is one of the main reasons I’m starting my own store- so it is easier for people to be successful buying consignment. Anyways, this trench coat was actually my first consignment purchase and I couldn’t be happier. I’d been looking for a classic trench when I stumbled across this one in D.C. It was one of those perfect moments where the stars all aligned and everything worked out perfectly. Since then, I’ve been wearing it non-stop and it’s been perfect for this rainy fall weather. Thank you whoever decided to consign this and man am I glad that we are the same size! XO
This outfit might be one of my new all-time favorites because it has all of my favorite elements: my NYT t-shirt, sparkles, pink, and it’s nice and girly. This t-shirt was kind of an impulse purchase three years ago and it has been one of my go-tos since then! Obviously for any outfit to be my favorite, there need to be sparkles, lots of sparkles, and this necklace is perfect for that. This skirt is a new addition to my wardrobe, but it’s pink so obviously I love it and I am probably going to be wearing it a lot.
I think this outfit might also be lucky not only because it has so many of my favorite outfit elements, but also because I received my job offer wearing this outfit! So I will definitely be wearing this whenever I need a little extra luck in the future! XO
As you know, I love anything that sparkles, which is why I started wearing jewelry. However, wearing a lot of sparkly things can sometimes be complicated and it is always hard to reach that nice balance of a sparkly, but casual outfit. The key I have discovered is to find pieces that are extremely casual on their own, a plain t-shirt, that also either have sparkly embellishments or you can add a big necklace or earrings. Also, wearing slip-ons like these always tones down an outfit a little so I can be overdressed, but not excessively so! XO
Hello all and Happy Memorial Day! I hope y’all have enjoyed this long weekend and had some time to remember and reflect on all of the people who have sacrificed their lives for our freedoms. Although Memorial Day is typically a time for contemplation it also marks the beginning of summer, or at least summer clothing. For me, that doesn’t really change anything as I continue to wear an excessive amount of sparkles, neutrals, and pink! Well, here is to the start of a great week and an incredible summer! XO
Hello all! I hope y’all are having a wonderful and sunny Sunday because we sure aren’t here in North Carolina. It has been pouring down rain all morning. Now rain is my favorite weather, but in the summer with the humidity on top of the rain, it can be very difficult to find something to wear. But these sparkly rain boots that I have been obsessed with all winter might be the perfect solution. For summer rain, they are the perfect combination because they are waterproof but also short so they don’t make your legs and feet overheat. And obviously a huge plus- they are sparkly!
For me going to work in the rain, a trench coat is also key because it keeps my outfit dry and pristine for when I get to work. This trench coat is also an exciting new addition to my wardrobe! I have been on the search for a classic trench for a while now and I stumbled across this one at a consignment store in D.C. I couldn’t be more excited! Not only did I find my perfect trench coat, but I also love shopping consignment so it was a win win! I hope you are enjoying this Sunday and your Memorial Day weekend! XO
The best thing about graduating college and having a full time job is I get to wear dress clothes everyday! I have always been one to overdress, so I have loved the opportunity to be able to wear heels and skirts this past week. In the past, I have preferred skirts to dress pants, but I just found this pair at J.Crew and they are absolutely perfect. They have just the right amount of fitting and the length works well with heels or flats (something I have always struggled with in the past). If you are in search of dress pants, I would definitely look at these and keep an eye out for more fun outfits this week! XO
P.S. Shoes are originally from here, but other cute options as well!
Hello everyone and happy new year! 2015 was an incredible year for me and I hope it was just as wonderful for you. I can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store for me 🙂 As you know, I love anything that glitters or sparkles. So on principle alone, New Years is one of my favorite holidays because it is the perfect excuse to wear all of the sparkles I want. Yesterday, I actually ended up toning down some of my usual sparkle in favor of feathers. I have never been a big feather person (I normally prefer fur!) but when I saw this bag at Anthropologie, I fell in love. Maybe it is the color or the the huge band of sequins or the vintage feel to the shape. Whatever it is, I love it! I couldn’t wait to wear it and New Years seemed like the perfect occasion. I have some exciting plans for Lefty Living Life in 2016 so stay tuned and Happy New Year! XO
Hello! How is everyone doing? I am so excited to be back! Surgery went very well, but it left me bed-ridden and slow to my feet. I am finally starting to feel like myself again although I can’t wear jeans or any pants with a button yet. In their stead, I have been wearing my running tights from lululemon. I have never been a sweatpants kind of girl, but these pants are so incredibly comfortable and are perfect for wearing with flowy shirts and sweaters.
As usual for December in North Carolina, the weather has been crazy weird, but let’s me experiment with lots of different clothes and outfits. Now that I am feeling better, get ready for lots of posts! I hope you are enjoying your December so far and for all of you students out there…I hope your finals went smashingly! XO
Typical college student life- I had a huge test this morning, so Monday Top 10 obviously didn’t happen yesterday. But better late than never right?! Plus Tuesday Top 10 is more fun to say than Monday so I might permanently switch to Tuesdays. I hope y’all had a great weekend, I certainly did and some of the highlights on this list! XO
1. I am a huge Kate Spade fan. Their stuff is always adorable and is great quality. Recently they released their newest collection- Kate Spade Home. It is incredible to say the least and the promotional photos are beautiful. Here are some of the highlights!
2. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, which is normally looked over in favor of Christmas. To remedy this, I am not going to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving and I am also sending out Thanksgiving cards instead of Christmas cards! I will post pictures of the final product once I decide on the design, but Paperless Post has some great physical as well as virtual cards for Thanksgiving, if you are interested.
3. Chocolate and peanut butter is by far my favorite flavor combination and I am obsessed with Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I am just warning you now, they are addictive so prepare yourself 🙂
4. This weekend, I was in Chicago for the first time for the BlogHer 2015 Food Conference. First of all, it was an incredible conference and I learned so much about blogging in general, not just food. But, Chicago might be my new favorite city. It was beautiful and so interesting! I can’t wait to go back.
5. While in Chicago, I tried deep-dish pizza for the first time. I don’t understand while all pizza isn’t like Chicago pizza. It was so good! Check out my Instagram for pictures!
6. In Chicago, I met so many bloggers with incredible blogs, however, the most exciting part might have been the final keynote speaker, Sarah Michelle Gellar. I wasn’t expecting very much because I knew absolutely nothing about her other than the fact that she was Buffy. However, she was inspiration and her new food venture is very cool. Check it out here.
7. This past week was the CMAs and surprisingly, my favorite part was Justin Timberlake, not the country music. It is definitely worth it to watch his whole performance.
8. If you are in the mood for videos, you should also watch the new Kate Spade Miss Adventure video. I love their videos almost as much as their purses and this one is no exception!
9. Lately, I’ve been trying to expand my beauty routine by incorporating new lip colors. I just recently discovered Nars Lip Crayons and they are my absolute favorite lipsticks! They are easy to apply and come in a bunch of colors. Best part about them- the color stays on forever.
10. Final Kate Spade thing I promise. These sparkly shoes are my new addiction. They are comfy, sparkly, and bonus, water proof. Basically the perfect shoes. Did I mention they are on sale?