Hello all! Happy Fall! I am so excited because fall is my favorite season. I love when it starts to get crisp outside, but isn’t freezing yet. Right now, the weather is perfect for me because I can layer and wear boots, but I don’t have to wear tights or a jacket. Plus, I can start wearing turtlenecks again!
I’m not going to lie, the first day we had where the high was below 75, I pulled out my turtlenecks. I’ve been chomping at the bit to start wearing them again and now that I finally can I am even more obsessed than I was before. Turtleneck Thursday is definitely going to be making a comeback this year!
The other thing that I love about fall is the colors. A deep red burgundy is my favorite color to wear. In the summer, it can be a little much, but it is perfect for fall. Plus, it looks fabulous with my other two favorite colors to wear…pink and black!
In other news, my company is officially open through my Ebay page. Check it out and let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. Additionally, this week on Lefty Baking Life, you can buy pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing. Make sure to buy them soon before they all sell out or I eat them all haha! Until next time, XO.
So remember yesterday when I mentioned that I’ve been wearing a lot of stripes yesterday? Surprisingly I wasn’t kidding and I didn’t even plan to have two back to back striped posts! That is just how much I love stripes right now.
This shirt was also kind of like the dress from yesterday in that I initially tried it on because I thought it looked weird and boxy. Exciting news, it is neither weird or boxy! I’ve already worn it once without tucking it in and I liked it just as much as when I tucked it in.
These days, I am always looking for versatile pieces that I can wear casually when I have a day off, but that I can also dress up for work. This shirt is perfect for that. I love the men’s wear inspired stripes and then the girly ruffles…perfect for my ultra-feminine wardrobe!
The ruffles are also a nice touch for those of you who don’t like big jewelry. You can basically avoid jewelry all together because of where the ruffles fall. If you want, you can just throw on some cute earrings and then you are all set! Have a fabulous Friday and thanks for stopping by! Until next time, XO
Hello all! And just like that, the week is halfway over. 2017 is flying by for me, I can’t believe July is almost upon us. So much has already happened this year and I have some very exciting things coming up in my life and on the blog. So make sure to stay tuned over the next couple of weeks…you won’t want to miss these posts!
I have always been a planner and that applies to all aspects of my life, including my outfits. Normally, I pick out my outfits the night before and it all starts with one piece- either something I haven’t worn in a while or something I’ve been wanting to wear. Then, I typically stew on my outfit for a good portion of the evening trying to think of new ways to wear it and accessorize it. Sometimes, this ends up with a great outfit, other times, not so much and I have to start over.
This is one outfit where it all came together even better than I had hoped. I hadn’t really worn a necklace with anything off-the-shoulder yet and I love these longer chains with it. I like the idea of the neutral jewelry and shoes against the pastel and then the surprise of the hot pink. Also, the skirt with the body suit instead of jeans or shorts worked so well because I wasn’t making sure my top was tucked in all day! Perfect solution! Until next time, XO
Hair clip: Chloe and Isabel, similar here; Earrings: Anthropologie, similar here; Bodysuit: J.Crew; Skirt: Old J.Crew, similar here; Chain necklaces: Similar here and here; Brooch: Vintage, similar here; Purse: Cambridge Satchel; Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell.
Hello all! Happy Friday! Today’s post is going to be a little different than usual, but thanks to Dia&Co, I am going to branch out a little, so stick with me please. I would love to hear your feed back so please comment below or email me at email@example.com
I think every girl at one point or another has had issues about her self-esteem and how she looks. I certainly have! It is something I have struggled with for years and sometimes still have problems with. Despite this insecurity, I have tried not to let it affect my outlook on life and my style. However, that only works so well. They were still tons of styles and cuts of clothing I would never wear because they made me feel unattractive or uncomfortable in general.
It wasn’t until recently I really became comfortable in my own skin and how I looked. A lot of this confidence came with growing up and figuring out who I am as a person. But a lot of it also came because I decided I was tired of other people’s opinions and ideas of beauty getting the best of me. I reached a point a few years ago where I decided that I was going to wear whatever I wanted because I liked it, not because someone told me it made me look pretty or because it was trendy.
Let me tell you, since then, life has been so much fun and picking out my outfit everyday is a joy and a true reflection of me. Take this off-the-shoulder body suit for example. If you had told me I would be wearing something this skin tight and low cut a couple years ago, I would have laughed in your face. But now, I didn’t even hesitate to buy it 3 weeks ago and I’ve already worn it twice! It is so fun and girly and it makes me so happy when I put it on.
Clothes are so important to me. They are a creative outlet, safety net, and a true reflection of me everyday. My goal when I get dressed is to be 100% me and also feel happy and inspired by the clothes I’m wearing. Feeling confident and letting go of your insecurities is incredibly difficult, but I challenge you to try even if it’s just for a moment. Buy the body suit or the neon jewelry. Take a fashion risk and buy something just because it makes you happy. I’m sure you’ll look fabulous! Thank you to Dia&Co for giving me the opportunity to talk about this today! Until next time, XO
Hello all! This year has been a big year for me…I graduated from college and announced my consignment business, which will be opening in 2017. Plus I am now employed full time! In addition to all of that exciting news, this has been one of my most prolific blog years and has included some of my favorite outfits of all time. So for our top 10 list today, we are going to look back at some of my favorite outfits from 2016! Let me know if I forgot your favorite outfit or if you have any thoughts in the comments below. XO
1. This striped shirt was a staple in my wardrobe this summer. It is so versatile and easy to wear. Plus, this blog shoot was one of the most fun shoots I’ve ever had. My mom takes most of the amazing photos you see on the blog and it is always an adventure for us as we try new poses and locations.
2. Sequins are a regular occurrence in my wardrobe and I love this statement making jacket. This was the perfect outfit when my boyfriend and I went out in New York. This is by far one of my favorite outfits of 2016!
3. Ruffles were a new addition to my wardrobe this year and I am excited about them to say the least. This was just one of the ruffled outfits I’ve worn in 2016.
4. I wore ruffles again on the first day of my new job! I bought this outfit as my “first day of school outfit” at my job, but this shirt became one of my favorites this fall and I don’t go more than a couple of days without wearing this skirt! Must be lucky!
5. Pastels have always been one of my favorite color groups, but this year, I have loved wearing lots of pastel accents against navy. Mixing pastels together is also one of my favorite ways to add more color to an outfit.
6. The 60s were a huge style influence for me this year. I have loved channeling that decade with mini skirts, color blocking, and big earrings. This was one of my favorite 60s looks from 2016.
7. A new thing for me in 2016 was utilizing the tailor. Let the “Taylor goes to the tailor” jokes begin, but I have been extremely thankful to have a tailor when I am not ready to give up on pieces that don’t fit quite right.
8. My new blog series this fall/ winter has been all about turtlenecks- tips and tricks for wearing them. Make sure to stay tuned on Thursdays for even more fun turtleneck ideas. This has been my favorite turtleneck outfit so far!
9. I have been loving turtlenecks this winter, but also cozy knits in general. I love the idea of wearing a bulky sweater with feminine details like red lipstick. The combination gives any outfit that extra oomph as well as making it look elegant.
10. My final look from this weeks top 10 was actually from Christmas Eve a couple days ago. I love pairing t-shirts with big jewelry and dressing it up with heels. This outfit came together perfectly and had just the right amount of holiday flair.