Hello all! Typically for me, Labor Day is just a nice day off. It doesn’t necessarily mark the end of summer and it normally is hot for at least a few more weeks here in North Carolina. While I am sure we will have more warm weather, right now, it definitely feels like fall! As excited I am about a change in season and the chance to wear some fall clothes and layers, there are definitely some summer styles that I will be sad to say goodbye to. So, let’s look back at some of my favorite looks and styles from this summer!
1. Hot pink, especially hot pink lipstick and accessories was a huge trend for me this year. I loved being able to spice up an outfit with a bright color and make some of my more serious outfits more girly. Hopefully I will be able to carry this trend into fall and winter!
2. Off-the-shoulderwas my big fashion risk this year. This style was definitely a little out of my comfort zone, but I had fun experimenting with it and making it my own…i.e. making it girly whenever possible!
3. With my full-time job and now a new job with a nicer dress code, work wear was something that I was experimenting a lot. I loved mixing and matching with this gingham pencil skirt and other classic work wear shapes, but in a more feminine way.
4. Let’s be honest, sequins and anything sparkly are always a trend for me. This sequined skirt was so fun to mix and match whether it was a casual t-shirt or a button-down. I can’t wait to wear this with a big slouchy sweater and boots this fall!
5. I always try and incorporate patterns into my wardrobe, but it doesn’t always work well. This summer, I had no trouble incorporating stripes. It seemed like every other day I was wearing stripes! I love a red stripe with a bold red lip and I am definitely going to be rocking this look through fall.
6. I would typically describe my look as classic and feminine. I love taking a casual t-shirtand dressing it up and making it girly. For my 5-year blog birthday, I definitely did that with my favorite graphic tee, a tuxedo jacket, and pink pumps. This is probably my go-to look, no matter what the situation.
7. Finally, I loved my bodysuit this year. Who would have thought that I would buy an off-the-shoulder bodysuit?! Out of my comfort zone in every way because it’s off the shoulder and super skin-tight. But, I have probably worn it more than anything else this summer! Now, if I only I could find a turtleneck bodysuit!
Enjoy the last of summer weather while you can and until next time, XO